Start Dates: 07th May & 2019-05-08
Duration: 2 Days
Level: 1 2
Host Richard Miller
Duration 2 days
Month MAY 2019
Date Tuesday 7 - Wednesday 8
Time (approx.) 9.30-16.30
This two-day basic to intermediate level course offers an excellent opportunity to learn about the fascinating process of tile-making. Richard will begin with an introductory presentation during which he will provide a brief background to his practice and his tile company - Froyle Tiles. You will then move on to the production of a carved set of tiles. Slip decorating techniques will be explored using the designs created for carving, and you will be guided through an assortment of stencilling and inlay techniques.
Richard Miller is a ceramic artist specialising in domestic stoneware. He runs Froyle Tiles - a business he took over in 2005 and reinvented to become a prospering bespoke tile company. Richard and his work have featured on television on a number of occasions - notably on ‘Kirstie’s Vintage Home’ on Channel 4 in November 2012, and Richard was the on-screen technician for hit BBC series The Great Pottery Throw Down.
Items to bring: Your own ideas for tile designs , towel, apron, notepad, pen, means of getting your finished tiles home (e.g. cardboard crate)
Included: Course materials, lunch, refreshments, preferential discounts against all of our products.
- Dietary requirements must be notified at time of booking.
- Please book early to avoid disappointment. This is a very popular course and due to the intensive nature of the tuition, places are restricted to a maximum of 10.
- Please read full event information on our Eventbrite page before you book a place.
- Full information about our courses including booking terms can be found on our website.
- For directions to front entrance please use ST4 6JW (enter no. 447 if prompted by your device). 6ft10” height restriction at front entrance. Please contact us to make special access arrangements if your vehicle is over this height.