Start Dates: 10th September & 2019-09-11
Duration: 2 Days
Title Mouldmaking & Slipcasting
Host Ed Bentley
Duration 2 days
Month SEPTEMBER 2019
Date Tuesday 10 - Wednesday 11
Time (approx.) 9.30-16.30
This two-day intermediate level hands-on course will guide you through the process of plaster mould making for slip casting. Fast-paced and informal, Ed will demonstrate various techniques from the preparation of a shape to produce in ceramic to the making of a plaster mould from this shape. A slipcasting demonstration will also be given together with the opportunity to practice this technique using ready-made moulds. On the first day please bring with you an object you would like to make a mould from, if you can visualise making a one or two part mould from it and its no larger than approximately 20cm it should be ideal. At the end of the course you can then take your completed mould home to dry out before taking slip-casts from it.
Ed Bentley is an award-winning shape designer and product developer with over 30 years experience within the global ceramic industry. Ed teaches at degree level nationally and runs his own mould-making courses from his workshop in Staffordshire.
Items to bring: Small object for casting (see above), towel, apron, notepad, pen, means of getting your finished moulds home (e.g. cardboard crate)
Included: Course materials, lunch, refreshments, preferential discounts against all of our products.
- Dietary requirements must be notified at time of booking.
- Please book early to avoid disappointment. This is a very popular course and due to the intensive nature of the tuition, places are restricted to a maximum of 10.
- Please read full event information on our Eventbrite page before you book a place.
- Full information about our courses including booking terms can be found on our website.
- For directions to front entrance please use ST4 6JW (enter no. 447 if prompted by your device). 6ft10” height restriction at front entrance. Please contact us to make special access arrangements if your vehicle is over this height.