Designer Marcia Roullard
Skill Level: Basic
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Thicken clear glaze with Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Using seahorse from DSS-0148 Sea Life 3 XL silkscreen, screen the image onto the box lid. For the first image, screen with the shiny side down. To get a mirror image, screen the next seahorse with the shiny side up.
3. Use the Script Liner to fill in the screened area with two coats of the following colors. See image for placement. Left seahorse: SC-11 Blue Yonder and SC-27 Sour Apple. Right seahorse: SC-13 Grapel, SC-23 Jack O'Lantern and SC89 Cutie Pie Coral. Let dry.
4. Mix SC-15 Tuxedo with Silkscreen medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Re-screen the seahorse images over the painted areas, lining up the image as closely as possible to the original screen.
5. Draw hearts around the seahorses and fill in with two coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale. Use the Liner to loosely outline the hearts with SC-15 Tuxedo.
6. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale.
7. Use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
8. Fire to cone 05/06.