The following application recommendations are based upon the original product development intent and use for the product. Information on alternative application methods is listed in the section "Usage Variations and FAQ's".
- Shake for 5-6 seconds before use. Stir well.
- Dispense amount needed into a separate container and thin with water. Dispensing the glaze onto a palette (tile, plate, etc.) - helps prevent against contamination of the contents in the jar.
- For all-over coverage: brush on 1 to 2 coats; allow to dry in-between each coat.
- Washes are concentrated – adding water is recommended. Mix only the amount you plan to use in one session.
- Can be fired from cone 06 to cone 9/10. Washes can be applied to greenware and bisque.
- The choice of clay body, thickness of glaze application, firing process and temperature will affect the fired results. Always test in your kiln, on your clay body.
Usage Variations & FAQs
Bands of wash can be created with any glaze brush; for broad coverage you might use a damp, clean cloth.