Start Dates: 23rd September & 24th September
Duration: 2 Days
Title Intermediate Throwing
Host Richard Heeley
Duration 2 days
Month SEPTEMBER 2019
Date Monday 23 - Tuesday 24
Time (approx.) 9.30-16.30
Introduced in response to popular demand, this is a two-day intermediate level course will allow you to hone and build upon basic throwing skills, and learn about creating more complex multi-part forms such as lidded vessels and teapots, including trimming/turning and finishing. To attend this course you should be able to centre and throw a 6" cylinder quickly and comfortably.
Richard St John Heeley has 20 years experience teaching pottery at all levels. He has demonstrated and lectured to ceramic societies and universities around the country including at the V&A Museum. He is a full time professional potter exhibiting regularly around the UK and internationally. He is a selected member of the Craft Potters Association and currently runs a pottery at Hempmill Brook just outside Market Drayton.
Items to bring: Towel, apron, your own named tools and wheelbats if you have them, notepad, pen, means of getting your work home (e.g. cardboard crate)
Included: Tool kit worth over £55, course materials, lunch, refreshments, preferential discounts against all of our products.
- Dietary requirements must be notified at time of booking.
- Please book early to avoid disappointment. This is a very popular course and due to the intensive nature of the tuition, places are restricted to a maximum of 10.
- Please read full event information on our Eventbrite page before you book a place.
- Full information about our courses including booking terms can be found on our website.
- For directions to front entrance please use ST4 6JW (enter no. 447 if prompted by your device). 6ft10” height restriction at front entrance. Please contact us to make special access arrangements if your vehicle is over this height.