Start Dates: 27th November & 28th November
Duration: 2 days
Level: 2 3
Title Animal Sculpture
Host Jeremy James
Duration 2 days
Month NOVEMBER 2019
Date Wednesday 27 - Thursday 28
Time (approx.) 9.30-16.30
Two intensive days of demonstrations and making that will cover fundamental handbuilding and modelling skills. Working practically with hollowed forms, coiling, slabbing and coloured slips, Jeremy will help you to design and make a sculpture to either take home or that can be left to be fired at Potclays. Using ‘the hare’ as a theme you will be shown ways to make exciting, dynamic and lively versions of this animal. Capturing the essence of the creature will be emphasised throughout the workshop.
Jeremy James is a well-known, award-winning ceramic sculptor. He has taught and operated a professional sculpture studio for 30 years, exhibiting his work in the UK and internationally, and his work is held in numerous public and private collections worldwide.
Items to bring: Photographs/images/drawings of hares, towel, apron, notepad, pen, means of getting your finished tiles home (e.g. cardboard crate)
Included: Course materials, lunch, refreshments, preferential discounts against all of our products.
- Dietary requirements must be notified at time of booking.
- Please book early to avoid disappointment. This is a very popular course and due to the intensive nature of the tuition, places are restricted to a maximum of 10.
- Please read full event information on our Eventbrite page before you book a place.
- Full information about our courses including booking terms can be found on our website.
- For directions to front entrance please use ST4 6JW (enter no. 447 if prompted by your device). 6ft10” height restriction at front entrance. Please contact us to make special access arrangements if your vehicle is over this height.