Mayco Pottery Camp Oct '19
June 17, 2019
Bookings are now live for Mayco Pottery Camp at Potclays 7-8 October 2019!
Six inspiring, original projects customised especially for Potclays by Teddy Wright of Mayco Colors. These projects have been developed with the specific aim of offering as broad a range of techniques and Mayco product use as possible, to arm you with the knowledge and inspiration you need to recreate or develop your own unique projects back at your studio.
Potclays have had a long partnership with Mayco Colors – over thirty years in fact. We are one of their largest distributors, and one of their few ‘Platinum’ dealers across Europe. Mayco is widely acclaimed to be one of the top manufacturers of ceramic glazes and colours worldwide and they are committed to educating and firing up enthusiasm for ceramics. Their huge range of glazes and colours are vibrant, reliable, and affordable and the accessory products such as silkscreen and stencils will take your projects to the next level.
Pottery Camp is especially designed for Paint-Your-Own-Pottery business owners but is equally ideal for teachers and educators in ceramics. Join us for a hugely enjoyable two days of learning and networking at Potclays, with great food and great company!
In our experience, Pottery Camp works best when numbers are small enough for a more intimate feel to proceedings and plenty of one-to-one with Teddy. That’s why we restrict numbers to no more than 24. Consequently, our fee is higher than other Pottery Camps but we think you’ll agree that the added value justifies the cost. And after all, in what other industry can you pay as little as £70 per day for professional training, including lunch and refreshments and a whole host of other benefits?!
- Two birds, one stone…Open Day discounts (even if you can’t make it on Saturday 5thOctober) plus collecting goods saves on hefty delivery charges! As an additional concession for Pottery Campers, bulk case prices will apply for individual items collected. Please phone ahead to place large orders.
- Browse the Potclays own-cast bisque range for popular, unique shapes PLUS new release Christmas shapes reserved for Pottery Camp attendees, who will receive first-refusal on stock.
- Chat with likeminded business owners and practitioners, build relationships, share ideas…life is sweeter when we work together!
- Extensive technical advice on hand, including kilns etc. Come prepared with your questions!
- There’s lots to do in the area if you would like to extend your stay. Why not visit Middleport, home of the Pottery Throw Down or Potteries Museum & Art Gallery with one of the largest collections of historical and contemporary ceramics in the world?
- Great transport links and plenty of low-cost accommodation nearby.