Shimpo Whisper RK3E VL Direct Drive Potter's Wheel 400W
7004-W3E - Shimpo RK3E VL Whisper Potter's Throwing Wheel
"When looking for wheels for Clay College, we needed a reliable wheel with a good level of power but in addition because we would have at least fourteen wheels in the same room sound and noise level was a real factor in our choice. They have exceeded our expectations. Having fourteen Shimpos in the studio means we can still maintain a focused and creative working environment without the distraction of machine noise." Helen Morgan, Business Manager, Clay College Stoke
The Shimpo RK3E VL Whisper represents the next generation of potter's wheels and is the flagship of the Shimpo range. Responsive and powerful, offering high torque at all speeds. With an operating volume of only 30 decibels this wheel is by far the quietest on the market.
The Shimpo Whisper potter's wheels feature the following:
- Brushless DC motor - Smooth, quiet (30 decibels) powerful, no maintenance
- Electronic Controller - Actively maintains your desired speed under all load conditions
- Reversibility: Accommodates right and left-hand users
- Built-In Breaker: Motor protected from overload
- Wheelhead: Turns Freely at 0 RPM - serves as a banding wheel
- Very low operating costs
- Two-Piece Splashpan
- Two year warranty for peace of mind
The flagship Shimpo Whisper RK3E VL potter's wheel features:
- Robust cast alloy remote foot pedal (detachable)
- Adjustable telescopic legs with 5 settings to accomodate all throwing positions (extension legs available)
- Three-leg design offers easy levelling and stability.
- Large 14" Aluminimum alloy wheelhead (Wheel pins, Batt systems & batts available)
- Built-in worktable for tools and pots
- Modular design for compact storage
- Powerful drive capable of centring up to 45kg (100lbs) of clay
The Shimpo RK3E VL Potter's Wheel features a powerful 1/2HP (400W) motor (AC230V 50Hz single phase)
Drive System: Direct Drive DC Brushless Motor
Speed Control: Remote Foot Pedal
Wheelhead Speed: 0-250RPM
Wheelhead Direction: Clockwise/counter
Wheelhead: 350mm/14" light alloy casting
L600mm x H702mm x W580mm
**This product may be harmful to a person who has a pacemaker. Consult a physician before using.**
Why should I buy my Shimpo wheel from Potclays?
- Potclays are the ONLY OFFICIAL, AUTHORISED UK & EIRE DISTRIBUTOR for Shimpo wheels and pugmills and we can confidently offer you peace of mind that should something go wrong, we will do our utmost to resolve the problem and have the full support of Shimpo Japan in doing so.
- As we are the only official, authorised distributors for the UK and Eire, our Shimpo products are supplied direct from Shimpo's manufacturing facility on an authorised basis and are manufactured specifically for the UK market, therefore they have the correct electrical ratings, plugs, etc. and thus comply fully with UK regulations.
- We offer a full and comprehensive technical/after sales/warranty support: Our technical advisor is only a phone call away. You're never far from help when you buy from Potclays.
- We have regular shipments from Shimpo Japan, so in the unlikely event that something should go wrong with your wheel during its lifetime period, if necessary we can obtain spare parts quickly. All you need do is supply the model number and UK serial number and we can do the rest.