Your carriage charge will be calculated at checkout based upon the volumetric weight of your order, and your location. If for any reason your delivery charge cannot be calculated at checkout, you will see a message explaining that our sales team will contact you with a quote. You will be under no obligation to accept this and have the right to cancel your order.
We deliver throughout the UK and overseas using a trusted third party distribution network. We typically use DHL for parcels and TLP Group for pallets. On occasion we may use Royal Mail. Deliveries are to kerbside or letterbox only. Please note that pallets are non-returnable.
950kg maximum weight for pallet deliveries unless you have a forklift truck to unload.
Delivery Service Levels
- Standard: Please see our Order Turnaround Updates page at this link>
- Next Working Day: Not currently available
- Nominated Day or Timed Delivery: For details of timed upgrades available, please speak to our team on +44(0)1782 219816.
We are bound by the terms and conditions of our carriers therefore we cannot pursue a claim if these instructions are not followed:-
Special Delivery Conditions: You must inform us at point of order of any special conditions such as restricted access or opening times, otherwise you will be liable for any consequential costs incurred.
Damage/Missing Items: You must check your delivery carefully before providing a ‘clear’ signature to the driver. Outward signs of damage/disruption to packaging must be noted alongside your signature. You must notify Potclays of damage or missing items within 24 hours of delivery.
When placing your order, please ensure that you inform us of:
- Mobile telephone number and email address in case we need to contact you and to enable SMS delivery alerts where available.
- Special conditions such as obstructions to delivery and/or require advance notice of delivery.
- Opening times/shutdown periods to avoid the risk of additional charges for failed delivery attempts.
- No-one available to check and sign for the delivery. It is best if you are in to accept the delivery but we are able to deliver if you are not present and the driver will determine the most appropriate positioning for your goods. With unattended deliveries, Potclays cannot accept any liability for theft, product deterioration or consequences arising from the positioning of your delivery.
Kerbside delivery of most pallet consignments involves offloading from the vehicle using a tail-lift, as close to your property as is deemed safe by the driver. A manual pallet truck may be available but this is not guaranteed. Manual pallet trucks can only operate on a flat, level, concreted, or similar firm surface. They cannot operate on slopes, gravel, earth, grass or any other type of non-solid surface. Drivers are not insured to move goods into the consignee's premises unless otherwise arranged at point of order. In the case of goods such as kilns & equipment special arrangements may be required with extra assistance organised: This must be discussed and agreed with us at point of order. If you have any concerns about delivery, please contact us on +44(0)1782 219816.
Royal Mail delivery aims are not guaranteed. If your goods are lost in the post, there is a period of 14 days before any claim for compensation can be made.
Although carriers will endeavour to deliver within the agreed timeframe, unexpected delays due to weather conditions, breakdowns, traffic and other factors may cause some disruption to schedules.
Returned Goods: Non-faulty
Subject to our prior consent having been obtained, products can be returned to us in an unused condition within 30 days of invoice date. An administrative charge will be levied of 10% of the nett value plus transport, but subject to a minimum charge of £2.00.
Returned Goods: Faulty
If merchandise is returned because of some defect or due to error on our part, full credit/refund will be given. Customers must contact us before returning goods so that making methods and user errors can be ruled out.
Loss or Damage in Transit
a) Where goods are supplied on carriage paid terms we will replace, or at our cost make good, any items or component part lost or damaged
b) In the case of damage of a consignment, the carrier's receipt must be endorsed appropriately and Potclays must be advised within 24 hours of receipt . Please provide clear photographic evidence of damage to facilitate a claim with the carrier. Wherever possible, consignments should be examined in the presence of the delivery person. If this is not feasible, you must sign that the goods were 'unchecked'.
If you have any questions relating to Delivery & Returns please contact us on +44(0)1782 219816.