Fundamental and Functional
Begin your ceramic project with Foundations® as the surface. Available in gloss opaque, gloss translucent and matte finishes, Foundations® will become an essential building block – easy to apply, consistent firing performance and budget friendly. Its stable, non-moving base is perfect for majolica techniques with Stroke & Coat® glazes.
Foundations® glazes are certified AP non-toxic and food safe.
Foundations® glazes are available in a broad assortment of colors, opacities and textures. They easily serve as the basic ""foundation"" glaze for any ceramic studio - be that in a school, home or your retail studio.
Foundations® gloss glazes were designed to mature at shelf cone 06/05. Apply 2-3 coats, allowing surface to dry in-between coats. When applying to a large surface, we recommend a broad, soft brush such as CB-604 #4 Soft Fan.
- 4 oz jar
- 16 oz wide mouth pint
- Gallons (Available in 15 colors)
- Foundations dry quickly for same day firing
- Intermixable for custom color creation
- Can be applied to greenware or leather-hard clay. We recommend leaving an area unglazed, such as the back or bottom, to allow outgassing during the firing process
- Many Foundations can be fired to higher temperatures and still maintain their color. Check the individual color label for performance at cone 6
- Steadfast Application - Foundations® will not dissolve or ""pick up"" previous coats of glaze
- Dries Quickly - speeds up your ability to handle or perform additional decorating
- High Gloss Finish - does not need to be clear glazed (except Foundations® Matte glazes)