Giffin Grip Model 10 (Anti-clockwise standard direction)
Brand: Giffin Tec
7023 - Giffin Grip - Model 10 turning and trimming tool Forget blobs of clay and hours of your life ...
7023 - Giffin Grip - Model 10 turning and trimming tool
Forget blobs of clay and hours of your life spent centring your pots the Giffin grip is here! We all know that turning the bottoms of leather hard pots can be a frustrating and time consuming process. Difficulties can occur in re-centring the pot as well as getting the pot firmly secured to the wheel. The world famous Giffin Grip is here to solve these problems for you.
After a simple one-time adjustment, the Giffin Grip quickly snaps on and off your wheelhead*. The Giffin Grip cuts turning time in half and makes it possible to turn shapes that might otherwise have been left unturned.
*Please note the Giffin Grip does not fit the Shimpo tabletop wheels
Although designed for pottery turning, the Giffin Grip functions equally well for waxing foot rings and banding with oxides, colours or glazes.
The Giffin Grip Model 10 features the following:
- Centers and holds your pots with ease
- Fits all standard wheel sizes, 10-14" diameter (25-35 cm)
- Easy to assemble (see Giffin's YouTube channel for the assembly video)
- Ergonomically shaped hands gently hold your pot in place.
- Works for many functions in addition to trimming, including waxing the foot & banding with oxides.
- 3 Blue Basic Sliders for centring plates, bowls and lids
- 3 Blue Wide Sliders which expand the useful diameter to 14 inches for centring larger bowls and platters
- 2" & 3" arms for holding mugs, teacups & casseroles
- 4" & 5" arms for small bottles, pitchers & jars
- 6" arms for taller bottles, pitchers & jars
THE STANDARD GIFFIN GRIP IS FOR COUNTERCLOCKWISE USE.