The Creative Choice
Stroke & Coat® (The Wonderglaze) is the industry’s most versatile product. It can be applied on wet clay, earthenware bisque or stoneware bisque, fired from cone 06 to cone 10, in oxidation or reduction and used in every decorative way imaginable. Stroke & Coat® can be the star of your work or play a supporting role to other glazes. It is the ideal product of choice for the studio, classroom, potter, and fine artist.
Speckled Stroke & Coat® glazes are Stroke & Coat® colors with small specks of contrasting hues to add dimension and visual appeal to your creations.
One coat will create a translucent finish with subsequent coats increasing opacity. We suggest 2-3 coats for opacity and all over coverage. Let dry between coats. Stroke & Coat® glazes will fire to a gloss finish without clear glaze. However, if desired, a clear glaze may be added. For application on clay, we recommend leaving an area unglazed, such as the back or bottom of the ware, to allow for out-gassing of water and organic materials during the firing process. Stroke & Coat® glazes have been formulated to mature at shelf cone 06/05. Most Stroke & Coat® glazes will maintain their color at higher temperatures, especially reds, oranges, yellows, greens and blues. Their performance changes at cone 6 is noted on each individual product label. We recommend testing prior to use.
Stroke & Coat® glazes are certified AP non-toxic and food safe.
For more information on mid-range performance, Click here to view Mid-Range firing guide PDF.
- 2 oz squeeze
- 8 oz squeeze
- 16 oz squeeze
- Gallons (available in 12 colors)
- SC-13 Grapel, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine and SC-85 Orkid are formulated with chrome-tin pigments and can be sensitive to non-toxic clear glazes; namely – a milky/cloudy haze may form over the colors. Test by adding a light application of the clear glaze to these colors. These colors will not fade when used with Mayco’s Clear One Dipping (NT-CLR).
- SC-70 Pink-a-Dot is more translucent than other Stroke & Coat® glazes. Additional coats (more than 3) may be necessary to achieve opacity.
- Stroke & Coat® glazes do not move or blend when used with other glazes. You can apply side-by-side or layer without losing integrity of design.
- Can be applied with a brush, sponge, detailer bottle, mats, stamps or silkscreens.