Shimpo RK-5T Belt-Drive Table Top Potter's Throwing Wheel (Hand Lever)
Choosing the right wheel
Shimpo tabletop wheels are excellent for beginners and for those needing portability. However some potters may find that a standard Shimpo fits their needs better. We recommend you try out the tabletop wheel in our showroom in Stoke (or at an authorised Potclays agent's showroom). Please contact us for more details.
7004-RK5T- Shimpo RK5T Aspire Potter's Throwing Wheel – Hand Control
The Shimpo RK5T Aspire tabletop potter’s throwing wheel is one of the most versatile wheels on the market today offering a high performance in a tiny package. The RK5T Aspire can handle your most creative challenges. Its lightweight, compact design makes it easily portable yet its 10kg centring capability makes it a permanent addition to any studio or classroom.
- Supplied with a splashpan and two plastic bats
- POTCLAYS SPECIAL OFFER Free 25cm wooden bat supplied in addition to the two blue plastic bats that come with the wheel
- Electronic Controller - Actively maintains your desired speed
- Reversibility: Accommodates right and left-hand users
- Built-in area for tools and pots
- Very low operating costs
- One-piece moulded splashpan to eliminate leakage
- Two year warranty for peace of mind
- Lever control
- Light alloy cast 7”pinned wheelhead
- Drive capable of centring up to 9kg (20lb) of clay
- Capable 1/8HP (100W) motor (AC230V 50Hz single phase)
- Drive System: DC Motor with brush
- Speed Control: Lever control
- Wheelhead Speed: 0-230RPM
- Wheelhead Direction: Clockwise/counter
- Wheelhead: 178mm/7”” light alloy casting with bat pins & 2 plastic bats
- Dimensions W365 x D515 x H230mm
- Ship weight 12kg
Aspire Potter's Wheel Data Sheet
Aspire Potter's Wheel Manual
**This product may be harmful to a person who has a pacemaker. Serious injury or death could occur. Consult a physician before using.**
Why should I buy my Shimpo wheel from Potclays?
Potclays are the ONLY OFFICIAL, AUTHORISED UK & EIRE DISTRIBUTOR for Shimpo wheels and pugmills and we can confidently offer you peace of mind that should something go wrong, we will do our utmost to resolve the problem and have the full support of Shimpo Japan in doing so.
As we are the only official, authorised distributors for the UK and Eire, our Shimpo products are supplied direct from Shimpo's manufacturing facility on an authorised basis and are manufactured specifically for the UK market, therefore they have the correct electrical ratings, plugs, etc. and thus comply fully with UK regulations.
We offer a full and comprehensive technical/after sales/warranty support: Our technical advisor is only a phone call away. You're never far from help when you buy from Potclays.
We have regular shipments from Shimpo Japan, so in the unlikely event that something should go wrong with your wheel during its lifetime period, if necessary we can obtain spare parts quickly. All you need do is supply the model number and UK serial number and we can do the rest.